From The Mama's Heart
By: Staci Holland Pealock
This day ten years ago is marked as a defining day in our family. For several year we dealt with the spirit of rebellion in our home. Rebellion is ugly, hurtful and mean.Like seeds it is planted in the heart, and if watered and nurtured it will grow and one day come to harvest. Our rebellion and I say our because it affected everyone in our home. I had my stuff to deal with, and that is why I do not begurde going through this season. We learned several things from rebellion:
1) It must be confronted; not coddled.
2) Jesus will fight for you, even when you're quite
3) God will bring back the prodigal - trust HIM
4) Worship in the middle (don't wait till the end)
5) LOVE LOVE LOVE - NEVER FAILS
Loving anyone through their struggles is the key that unlocks the broken heart. And trust me, rebellion breaks the heart. God will break your heart to steady your soul.
What I learned as a Mama from rebellion:
1) often times I created what I hated (my suspicious nature built walls - I had to deal with my mind)
2) I had to take my hand off so GOD could put HIS on (this confronted my lack of faith and trust in GOD)
3) Loving while still dirty (This was HUGE!! My love (hard to admit) was conditional - make me look good you get my love...God took me on a journey of learning UNconditional love. regardless of what it looked like I chose to LOVE. )
4 LOVE WINS....ALWAYS!
If I can leave one thing for your heart to ponder.... Do you want to be loved for "who" you are or "what" you do? I had to separate the "Who" from the "Do" - I knew who my son was....I had planted the word in his heart from childhood. The Lord spoke to me "Call forth those seeds to harvest" - as his Mama I had authority, and I began to use it. It kicked the devil out and brought MORE of JESUS in our home.
The scriptures tells us - We do not wrestle with flesh and blood. Remember this...Fight the true enemy...It's not your family!
Today, our family is strong in JESUS. My daughter Ansley, her husband Jared have a precious daughter Abigail (19 mths). I often watched them nurturing Abigail and think how blessed they both are with gracious and gentle Spirits. My son, Andrew, his wife Mikaela are the proud parents of Zella (6 1/2 mts). She is very pleasant and smiles all the time (like her dada). Andrew and Mikaela are blessed with tender, kind and compassionate hearts. Both our grown children love serving JESUS and one another.
I am of my children. I tried my best...
JESUS, well.... HE did the rest!
I Love You ~<3~
ENLIGHTENED By The Lord